As part of the modeling team, you will create the analytics that help drive the business at Andrew Davidson & Co., Inc.
You will develop and improve credit models for mortgages and other asset classes using the most recent methods from both statistics and machine learning. You will not only have a deep understanding of your research, but you will also be able to clearly communicate useful results to both modelers and model users.
As a statistician/modeler and machine learning/data analytics researcher you will:
- Develop and maintain prepayment and credit models for mortgages and other consumer and commercial loans.
- Identify, clean and manipulate data to address missing or incorrect information, choose proper statistical models and parameterize the models.
- Interpret data trends, economic influences, and other factors to improve our modeling efforts.
- Validate and document the statistical models for internal and external use.
- Write and present technical and non-technical reports about the models and its applications.
- Monitor developments to determine the need for new or improved models and analytical procedures.
- Fresh PH.D. or Master’s in statistics or in a related field to statistics
- Some experience with mortgage credit modeling (prepayments, defaults, severities)
- Modeling experience in the origination space
- You’ve worked with statistical models such as linear and non-linear regression, logistic regression, and generalized linear models.
- You understand performance measures such as area under the curve (AUC), and the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve.
- You are proficient in packages such as SAS, SQL, and C++.
Good to Have
- You know machine learning techniques.
- You have some knowledge about fixed-income finance.
Please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com with the title of the position that you're interested in the subject line.